COVID-19 Update for Footy For All Spring Kids Soccer
22 April 2020 @ 9:44 AM by Chris Surgeoner

Hi everyone,

We hope everyone is keeping safe, well and social-distancing!

This is our update on the kids' soccer programs and leagues as the COVID-19 preventative measures continue

It was announced last week that Ontario schools are to remain closed beyond May 4th and the emergency measure extended to May 12th. However, there hasn't been an update yet (as far as we know) about a new date for the schools potentially retuning. Your guess is as good as ours as to when we will get to the stage where sports and leisure activities will resume.

Spring Seasons

We are still assuming we can complete the spring seasons as planned. When this happens and what changes may be necessary isn't something we can confirm right now because we simply don't know ourselves. Right now, we think the most likely scenario will be that the season will start later and finish later.

At this point, we can assume that the early May start dates for the Wednesday programs will not go ahead, so we are pushing the start of the Wednesday programs back until at least the Wednesday after Victoria Day (May 20th). This is a very tentative date, and our guess is that it is more likely that it will be later than that, depending on when Ottawa Publica Health advises that it is safe to resume social or sporting activities.

If it does reach a point where we have to shorten or cancel the season, we will either issue a credit to the next season or a refund for the portion of the season that we cannot fulfil.

We are not processing refunds right now because we just don't know what will be happening with the season. Everything hinges upon when we are all allowed to resume sporting and social activities. Once we have dates where we know that play can resume, we will be able to make a decision on the format and length and process all of the credits or refunds if required. This will be a manual process and we will have to process each one individually, so we would like to be able to work through them methodically when the time comes. For that reason, we really appreciate you bearing with us until we know what the final set-up of the programs will be.

Registrations for Spring Programs

Whatever happens, you can go ahead and reserve your space with confidence. If we do have to make changes to what we are currently advertising for our spring programs and the changes aren't suitable for your family we will issue a full refund of your payment before the season starts.

Our EARLY BIRD PRICING is also still in effect until we are able to confirm when the programs will start.

Take care everyone, please, please, please take social distancing seriously and support our local small businesses in whatever way you can,

Dan, Chris and the Footy Sevens Team

Change Theme
Are you sure?